Latest shipping scam

Here is the latest shipping scam we're seeing. It claims to use a "Yahoo! shipping center", which does not exist. Please cease all contact if you receive a similar email.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for this late reply but I have been overwhelmed by the number of emails I got from interested buyers after listing the car on Yahoo Autos and Autotrader. The car is in good running condition and comes with a clear title. There is no lien on the car, there will be no monthly payments, no take over payments, just final price. No damages, accidents or scratches of course. I am looking to sell it right away for $7900 (shipping and title transfer fees included). There is a reason for selling it for such a low price but it's just something personal and I'm not willing to discuss it so please don't ask.

I would like to use a third party service to handle this transaction for our both safety and comfort. Yahoo offers a third party service for their premium members only, of course for a small fee. As a Yahoo Autos premium seller I have applied for this service and I'm willing to pay for their fee if you agree using their service. The car is located at the Yahoo shipping center, I am in the military on duty outside the country and have nobody back home that could handle this so I had to leave it there (they will take care of the shipping/payment).
If you are still interested just let me know and I'll get back to you with further details about the transaction.

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Latest shipping scam:

Comments

I recieved a similar email about a car. It is listed below.

Hi,

I will have the car shipped from Alaska by an US Air Force cargo plane so there won't be any additional shipping costs. Also I will arrange for a truck to transport the car to your home address or, if you like, you can pick it up from the nearest airport in your area. The shipping will take 3-4 days, depending on your location.Shipping will be door to door,to your home address,somebody must be home when the car arrives to sign for the reception.The car will arrive with all the papers and documents required for registration and the keys. The clear title and the bill of sale will be already signed by me.

The payment will be done through Yahoo Autos.You will have to make the payment to Yahoo Autos and as soon as the payment is confirmed they will notify me to proceed with the shipping. I will ship the car, you will receive it and you will have 5 days for inspection, both the car and the paperwork and the option to accept or reject the car.The inspection time period will begin as soon as you sign for receiving the car at your requested address..During all this time Yahoo Autos will hold the amount into a trust account..So, this is not a blind transaction,you can see the car before decided to buy it.If you are satisfied with the car and decide to keep it you inform Yahoo Autos about this and they will release the money to me. If the car is not as advertised and decide not to keep it Yahoo Autos will refund you the money, no questions asked, and shipping back the car will be my concern. I think this is more than fair for the both of us.Please take in to consideration that I will get paid only after you receive the car and make sure everything is as agreed.

If you agree with these terms and you have the money, send me your full name and the address where you want the car to be delivered to and I will initiate the transaction with Yahoo Autos. You will receive all the transaction details from them.

I will appreciate an answer as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Sept. 12, 2009---
this response was from "Jacob Lock" (jbclok@aol.com)

Hello, thank you for your email. A few words regarding the vehicle: it's an excellent condition 2006 BMW 330Xi with 52160 miles, All wheel drive AWD, automatic transmission and the 3.0L V6 engine. Alpine white exterior, 2-tone leather interior. You can find pictures here: http://www.photobucket.com/jclock - let me know if it doesn't load properly. The selling price is $12500.

This car is in an excellent condition, as you can see from the pictures. It has been kept in a garage and hand washed regularly. I did not smoke and never wrecked or damaged it in any way. The paint and sheet metal are all factory original. The tires still have 80% tread left (Bridgestone tires on 17" Factory sport wheels). It has just undergone a 45 point maintenance inspections and is completely serviced. Options include Dual zone Climate Control (with Rear A/C), Active ventilated front seats with heating, Power everything, Excellent leather power seats with memory, 4-wheel ABS, Moonroof, Cruise control, 6-disc CD changer, Bi-Xenon headlamps, Tire-pressure monitoring system, and so on. Clear title. I am the first owner. It will come with the original manuals and the complete service history.

I'm selling it as I'm a NAVY Lt. and I'm being transferred to Iraq (patrolling the border along the Persian Gulf) for a year and keeping it stuck in the garage is really not an option, as it will loose a lot in value. I'm selling it using a third party - Yahoo autos - that will supervise shipping, handling and payment as I'm currently stationed in Pearl Harbor and can't manage this sale in person. Worry free 10 days inspection period will be provided - with the possibility of driving the vehicle and the right to refuse it for any reason. The shipping is free - both ways.

If you're interested in buying, reply with your name and shipping address to get things started. Also, if you have any other questions, please email me. But keep in mind that my ad generated a lot of replies and I might reply slow.

Regards,

Lt. Jacob Lock
COMPAT/32EVAL
3rd Fleet, US NAVY

How do we get these goons put out of business...I got an almost identically worded email about an 89 Jeep I found on Autotrader.

thanks for this article, i almost fell for this trap. crazy people out there !!

OMG I REALLY APPRECIATE THIS INFO COZ I NEARLY FELL IN A THE TRAP ABOUT AN X5-2006 THAT WAS GOING FOR A MERE 3000. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN IT WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

I recieved this one about a MINI 2007 for only £3000 .......... BEWARE!
Hello,
I regret the delay of my response.
I already have many emails so I hope you'll understand that I need to sort them.
interested in my car 2007 Mini Cooper 1.6 CHILLI PACK.
I want £3000 for my car and the shipping will be free !
transaction mediator.
by YAHOO AUTO.
the car. You will have one week inspection period.
any money is released to me.
Look how this work:
1. I will contact them , and I will send your shipping information to YAHOO AUTO to open the transaction.
how to make the payment.
complete the deal with me.
4. After all that will be done, the car will be shipped by YAHOO AUTO SHIPPING CENTER, and the car will arrive at your address in
5 working days..
5. Buyer accepts delivery and informs YAHOO AUTO to tell them if he is satisfied or not
he is not satisfied).
This means a 3rd party.
You will receive a tracking # in the same day when the car will be shipped from YAHOO AUTO.
of us and also it is the fastest way to complete this deal.
If you want to go on with this deal , mail me immediately !
For car's pictures clik on the following links:

to jest oszust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This is a criminal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this just happend to me what do i do

I have recieved the exact same email from victoria. The car is advertised on Autotrader site uk.

I am so grateful for this link it just confirmed my suspicions regarding Victoria's e-mail of bargain mini deal

i am so glad to have found this i nealy fell for this i recieved the same e-mail from victoria in hungry but she used a diffrent name this time jena ersnik,on auto trader she was selling an audi sports for a mear 3000 retails at 11-13 thousend!!! i nealy fell for the shippind centre thing!!!

i recieved a scam email from a lady claiming to be called jena ersnik the email was identical to that above from victoria russel!! she claimed to be a doctor who lived in preston and had to move back to hungry!! she was sellind a 2007 audi sport on auto trader for 3000 retails at 11,000 to 13,000!!! ive cheked out the e.mail she used (jers079@hotmail.com) and it appears she is actually from redmondwashington u.s.a this may help you spot her aulogh i no she has used lots of e.mails and names before!!!

I nearly fell for victoria russel selling a passat for £3000. Thanks for the heads up fokes!!

Buyer beware ML270 forsale £3000

from Victoria Russel to
date Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 1:14 PMsubject RE: ml270 forsalemailed-by live.com
Hello,
I regret the delay of my response.
interested in my car 2005 - 55 Reg. Mercedes ML270 CDI 5DR TIP AUTO
I want £3000 for my car and the shipping will be free !
transaction mediator.
by YAHOO AUTO.
the car. You will have one week inspection period.
any money is released to me.
Look how this work:
how to make the payment.
complete the deal with me.
5 working days..
he is not satisfied).
This means a 3rd party.
of us and also it is the fastest way to complete this deal.
If you want to go on with this deal , mail me immediately !
Let me know if you are interested ...
________________________________________
Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. Get it now.
Forward

Hi there
I received this email after replying to an ad on Autotradr
Thanks to you cos I nearly believed every word but the price was not realistic and that what made me suspicious
RE: ‏
From: Victoria Russel (mer270@live.com)
Sent: 31 January 2010 13:11:39

Hello,
I regret the delay of my response.
interested in my car 2005 - 55 Reg. Mercedes ML270 CDI 5DR TIP AUTO
I want £3000 for my car and the shipping will be free !
transaction mediator.
by YAHOO AUTO.
the car. You will have one week inspection period.
any money is released to me.
Look how this work:
how to make the payment.
complete the deal with me.
5 working days..
he is not satisfied).
This means a 3rd party.
of us and also it is the fastest way to complete this deal.
If you want to go on with this deal , mail me immediately !
Let me know if you are interested ...

Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. Get it now.

yeah watchout, look what else poor victoria is selling!!!!!!!!!

Hello,
I regret the delay of my response.
interested in my car 2006 VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT SPORT 2.0 TDI
I want £3000 for my car and the shipping will be free !
transaction mediator.
by YAHOO AUTO.
the car. You will have one week inspection period.
any money is released to me.
Look how this work:
how to make the payment.
complete the deal with me.
5 working days..
he is not satisfied).
This means a 3rd party.
of us and also it is the fastest way to complete this deal.
If you want to go on with this deal , mail me immediately !
For car's pictures clik on the following links:
Let me know if you are interested ...

beware the latest car is a vw beetle convertable 1.9 tdi...from the famous victoria russell,,,,bless her ..lol
it is advertised in auto trader for £2000

beware
beware

shouldnt be allowed

Now using Craigslist. We replied to an ad for a 1970 superbird and got the same "song and dance." I guess Victoria is now living in England.

Hello all,

I also received this SCAM today.
I'm actually moving from UK to US and I was searching car in US and found Acura NSX in perfect condition for 2900$. She wrote me as victoria and said that she is in UK. I repied her and said that I'm still in UK and if she could give me her phone nr. No reply from now. I hate this SCAM!

Hi i just recieved a similar email about a car off of craigslist. The person claims that they will send it using "yahoo shipping center" whick obviously does not exist. The car being sold is a 92 Acura NSX for $2900 bucks. Which we all know is worth like $30,000. The email is below......

Hello,
My name is Victoria Rusel I have 31 years old and I was doctor for 2 years in Austin TX. I am glad you are
interested in my car 1992 Acura NSX.
I want 2900$ for my car and the shipping will be free !
First, I want you to know that I lived in Austin until 2 months ago, but now I'm in Hungary because I am
history, title clear, no outstanding finance, non-smoking, never involved in any accident.
I sell my car because I need money here to buy a old house and for this reason I need to sell my car fast!
The car and all documents of the car it's in US into Yahoo possesion!
Due to amount involved and due the fact that I am not located in the US, I only accept third party
transaction mediator.
I have chosen the Yahoo Shipping Center Program to take care of all the proceedings, so the car will be shipped
by Yahoo shipping service.
Look how this work:
1. I will contact them , and I will send your shipping information to Yahoo to open the transaction.
how to make the payment.
complete the deal with me.
4. After all that will be done, the car will be shipped by Yahoo, and the car will arrive at your address in
3 to 5 days..
5. Buyer accepts delivery and informs Yahoo to tell them if he is satisfied or not
6. Yahoo will release the money to the seller(in case the buyer is satisfied) or to the buyer(in case that
he is not satisfied).
About the payment process you must know that:
You must deposit the full price amount to Escrow Yahoo's Agent.
After you will make the transfer you must fax to Yahoo all the receipts of payment allowing them to start the shipping because as I
told you, the car will be shipped by Yahoo and they can't start the shipping process until you send the payment receipts.
As soon as they confirm your payment, they will ship you the car and give you the tracking number.
When you will receive the car and all the documents( so you can easily transfer the car into your name) you must send a confirmation to Yahoo to
tell them if everything is OK with the car so they can send me the payment.
If, for some reason, you disagree with the car ( I assure you that is NOT going to happen since my car is in
IMMACULATE condition in and out ) it will be shipped back to me on MY EXPENSE and Yahoo will send you all your money back.
From the moment you receive the car you have 7 days to inspect it. If is not like I said or something is not
ok with it you can reject it and Yahoo will fully refund you and the vehicle will be shipped back to me, on my
expense.
Yahoo payment department will transfer the money to me,only after you will confirm, them the purchase of the vehicle. Until then,
the money will be safe kept by Yahoo and not released to me.
You will receive a tracking # in the same day when the car will be shipped from Yahoo shipping service.
I am using the protection and shipping program offered by Yahoo Shipping Center because this will protect both
of us and also it is the fastest way to complete this deal.
For car's pictures clik on the following links:

Hello,
interested in my car 2004 Ford Super Duty F-250 Harley Davidson 4x4 DIESEL.
I want 2900$ for my car and the shipping will be free !
The car and all documents of the car it's in US into Yahoo possesion!
transaction mediator.
by Yahoo shipping service.
Look how this work:
how to make the payment.
complete the deal with me.
3 to 5 days..
he is not satisfied).
About the payment process you must know that:
You must deposit the full price amount to Escrow Yahoo's Agent.
tell them if everything is OK with the car so they can send me the payment.
expense.
the money will be safe kept by Yahoo and not released to me.
of us and also it is the fastest way to complete this deal.
For car's pictures clik on the following links:

If you want to buy my car email be back your full name and shipping address so I can contact Yahoo and after that Yahoo will send you the invoice with
the informations where you need to send the money and more infos about the shipping process !
Regards !

-------

I kept thinking in the back of my head, why is she rushing this. and from experience with these sorts of things, i knew it was funny from the start. I just want to say thanks to who ever garunteed my questions about "Yahoo Shipping Center"

hi all...

i can't believe this. I was interested in a mini, so emailed the person. i wasn't 100% sure so checked it out. How lucky am i not to fall for it. And shocked that the same email i received, i just read above!!!!! this was my email:
Hello,
I regret the delay of my response.
My name is Victoria Russel I have 31 years old and I was doctor for 3 years in Preston. I am glad you are interested in my car 2007 Mini Cooper 1.6 CHILLI PACK.
First, I want you to know that I lived in Preston until 2 months ago, but now I'm in Hungary because I am pregnant and I have decided to give birth in my home country so I want to sell my car and move back in Hungary.
The car is in perfect working condition. It is in showroom condition, no scratches, no dents, full service history, HPI clear, no outstanding finance, non-smoking, never involved in any accident.
The car is still UK registered and now it is locked into YAHOO AUTO possesion in Preston. If you dicide to buy it you will receive the original invoice, logbook, keys and all the documents to register it into your name .Genuine reason for sale: unfortunately I can't register the car here because you know it is very hard to drive a Right-hand car here and more of that I need money cash fast!
I want £3000 for my car and the shipping will be free !
Due to amount involved and due the fact that I am not located in the United Kingdom, I only accept third party transaction mediator.
I have chosen the YAHOO AUTO Shipping Center Program to take care of all the proceedings, so the car will be shipped by YAHOO AUTO.
Beside shipping the car, YAHOO AUTO will act as the middle man - holding the payment until you receive and inspect the car. You will have one week inspection period.
Regarding the payment method I would like to use YAHOO AUTO like a third part for the payment because in my opinion this is the safest way to handle the transaction. You will have the car for inspection and test drive BEFORE any money is released to me.
Look how this work:
2. They will send you a payment invoice for the car (the invoice will be from customer support team) about how to make the payment.
3. The invoice contains all the info about this transaction and you must follow the steps written there to complete the deal with me.
5 working days..
6. YAHOO will release the money to the seller(in case the buyer is satisfied) or to the buyer(in case that he is not satisfied).
This means a 3rd party.
I am using the protection and shipping program offered by YAHOO Shipping Center because this will protect both of us and also it is the fastest way to complete this deal.
If you want to go on with this deal , mail me immediately !
For car's pictures clik on the following links:

Let me know if you are interested ...

SO BEWARE ALL AND DON'T FALL FOR THESE SCAMS!!!

Ive received the same emial from Jena Ersniak [reny72@hotmail.co.uk]...BEWARE thats the new way to scam people.. I saw that advert on Autotrader UK...

Hello,
I regret the delay of my response.
My name is Jena Ersniak I have 31 years old and I was doctor for 3 years in Preston. I am glad you are
interested in my car 2004 54 Audi A4 1.9 Tdi 130 Sport.
The car is still UK registered and now it is locked in my garage in Preston. If you dicide to buy it you will receive the original invoice, logbook, keys and all the documents to register it into your name.
a Right-hand car here and more of that I need money cash fast!
I want £2,500 for my car and the shipping will be free !
transaction mediator.
by yahoo shipping company.
Beside shipping the car, yahoo will act as the middle man - holding the payment until you receive and inspect
the car. You will have one week inspection period.
Regarding the payment method I would like to use yahoo like a third part for the payment because in my opinion
any money is released to me.
Look how this work:
1. I will contact them , and I will send your shipping information to yahoo to open the transaction.
how to make the payment.
complete the deal with me.
4. After all that will be done, the car will be shipped by yahoo, and the car will arrive at your address in
3 to 5 days.
5. Buyer accepts delivery and informs yahoo to tell them if he is satisfied or not;
6. yahoo will release the money to the seller(in case the buyer is satisfied) or to the buyer(in case that
he is not satisfied).
This means a 3rd party.
You will receive a tracking # in the same day when the car will be shipped from yahoo.
of us and also it is the fastest way to complete this deal.
If you want to go on with this deal , mail me immediately !
For car's pictures clik on the following links:
First Registration Date: 2004/10/22
Mileage: 60,000 Miles
Engine Size (in ccm): 1,896
Power: 130 BHP
MOT Expiry:NOV 2010
In-Car Audio Options: AM/FM Stereo, CD Player
Safety Features: Passenger Airbag, Driver Airbag, Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Alarm, Immobiliser, Side Airbags Interior/Comfort Options: Air Conditioning, Power-assisted Steering (PAS), Power Seats, Power Windows, Power Locks, Leather Seats, Climate Control

Let me know if you are interested ...

i just got the same email about the 2004 audi a4,, haha these people are idiots,,

i fell for it and gave my address out. was this a bad thing to give her my address? do you think anything will happen now