- Competes with: Bentley Continental GT, Mercedes-Benz CL600
- Looks like: An understated coupe design for an ostentatious vehicle
- Drivetrain: 624-hp, twin-turbo 6.6-liter V-12, "Satellite-Aided" eight-speed ZF transmission
- Hits dealerships: Late 2013, in Europe
- MSRP: 245,000 euros ($319,633 equivalent, US pricing not announced)
The Geneva Motor Show has been receiving a lot of press with the idea that the European auto industry is in a slump, that nobody is buying new cars, and that frugality and smallness are prevailing themes. Yet we've seen a new hyper-Ferrari, a new hyper-Lamborghini and this new Rolls-Royce coupe introduced at the show.
This is the new Rolls-Royce Wraith, essentially a two-door version of the Ghost sedan, an ultra-luxury fastback coupe that will join the lineup in Europe late this year.