2015 Lexus RC 350 Starts at $43,715
When the Lexus RC 350 goes on sale this fall, the 306-horsepower V-6, rear-wheel-drive coupe will start at $43,715 with destination charge. Variants in addition to the standard RC 350 include an all-wheel drive RC 350 at $42,950, plus the higher-performance 467-hp V-8 RC F (above) that's rear-wheel-drive only and starts at $63,225.
Related: 2015 Lexus RC First Drive
RC pricing comes in competitively with two of the most notable coupes in the business: the BMW M4 ($65,150) and BMW 435i ($47,050), formerly known as the M3 and 335i coupes. A new Cadillac ATS coupe joins the field with a starting price of $38,990. The RC is an all-new coupe for Lexus not derived from any one of its sedans, but rather a hodgepodge of Lexus models as underpinnings are shared with the new Lexus GS and IS sedans as well as the Lexus IS convertible.
The RC 350's entry-level price pairs the 306-hp V-6 with an eight-speed automatic transmission in rear-wheel-drive models and a six-speed automatic with all-wheel drive. The inside includes Lexus' standard NuLuxe imitation leather seating — genuine leather is optional — aluminum and wood trim; drive mode selector with Normal, Sport S and Eco choices; dual USB/iPod inputs; Bluetooth streaming audio; voice recognition; Siri Eyes Free; and a 7-inch multimedia screen. Navigation is $1,530 and can pair with a Mark Levinson audio system for $2,610, while a moonroof is $1,100.
Available packages on the RC 350 include the following:
- F Sport Package ($5,085 rear-wheel drive/$4,680 all-wheel drive): Adaptive suspension, rear-wheel steering (rear-wheel drive only), 19-inch wheels, LED headlights, Lexus LFA-inspired gauges, heated/ventilated seats
- Premium Package ($1,240 rear-wheel drive/$800 all-wheel drive): Heated/ventilated front seats, blind spot monitoring
- Luxury Package ($4,885 rear-wheel drive/$4,460 all-wheel drive): Perforated leather interior, heated/ventilated seats, rain-sensing wipers, driver memory seat, blind spot monitoring
- All-Weather Package (all-wheel-drive only $220): Headlight washers, windshield-wiper deicer, high-intensity interior heater
If an F Sport RC 350 isn't enough performance to get your juices flowing, enter the 467-hp V-8 RC F. For $63,225, the RC F wears more aerodynamic enhancements, sits on wider wheels and tires, and has a 70 percent new suspension compared to the RC with unique springs, dampers, bushings and sway bars.
Notable RC F packages and optional equipment include:
- Premium Package ($4,400): Heated front seats with memory, carbon fiber interior trim, blind spot monitoring, LED headlights and intuitive park assist
- Performance Package ($5,500, requires Premium Package): Carbon fiber roof, carbon rear wing, torque-vectoring rear differential
- All-Weather Package ($280): Headlight washers, heated steering wheel
- Navigation ($1,760)
- Navigation with Mark Levinson stereo ($2,840)
- Moonroof ($1,100)
- Leather seats ($800)
- Precollision system with dynamic radar cruise control ($500)
Cars.com photo by Stephen Pham