Sinkhole Claims Classic Corvettes
A 40-foot-wide sinkhole opened up in the least opportune location for Corvette fans early Wednesday morning.
According to reports, the giant sinkhole opened underneath the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Ky., swallowing eight noteworthy Vettes. Bowling Green is where the Corvette has been manufactured for decades; a few years ago the Corvette became the official sports car of Kentucky.
The eight Corvettes that are no-longer in museum condition are:
- 1962 black Corvette
- 1984 PPG pace car
- 1992 white 1 millionth Corvette
- 1993 ruby red 40th anniversary Corvette
- 1993 ZR-1 Spyder on loan from GM
- 2001 Mallett Hammer Z06 Corvette
- 2009 white 1.5 millionth Corvette
- 2009 ZR1 "Blue Devil" on loan from GM
Read the full story from USA Today here.
Photo courtesy of the National Corvette Museum