Dodge Adds Free Maintenance on Loaded Journey, Durango Models
To attract buyers to Dodge’s revamped family crossovers – the 2011 Dodge Journey and 2011 Dodge Durango – the automaker is adding free maintenance for three years on each model’s fully loaded trim.
The 2011 Durango’s Citadel trim, which starts at $41,795, includes a heated steering wheel, adaptive cruise control and a navigation system. The Journey’s Lux trim ($32,740), which includes an 8.4-inch touch-screen navigation system, will also get the service.
The "No-Cost Maintenance Plus" plan includes the following:
- Oil, oil filter changes and lubrication (three-month/3,000-mile service intervals)
- Scheduled and recommended maintenance (6,000-mile intervals)
- $35-per-day car rental allowance (for any overnight mechanical repair at a dealership; five-day maximum per occurrence)
- $35 first-day rental (car rental allowance or taxi service for any dealership mechanical repair or maintenance service, including bodywork)
- $100 "Sign and Go" towing and roadside assistance; benefits include towing, flat-tire change (with existing good spare), battery jump, out-of-gas fuel delivery (maximum 2 gallons) and lockout service (keys locked in vehicle or frozen lock), as much as $100 per occurrence
- $1,000 trip interruption coverage, which provides up to $1,000 for lodging, meals and car rental expenses if the vehicle is inoperable due to a component failure and is covered by the factory warranty and if the failure occurs more than 100 miles from home
- Three years or 36,000 miles, no deductible
The retail value of the plan is quoted at $1,100. Mopar, Chrysler’s parts and services division, does offer various service packages , including the one highlighted above, on other new and used Dodge vehicles, but not for free.
Chrysler hasn’t announced if any of its Jeep, Chrysler brand or Ram vehicles will get the service as well, but we wouldn’t be surprised if at least the Chrysler brand offers something similar to this, as it tries to reach a more affluent audience. The Durango and Journey go on sale this month.