Toyota Testing More SUVs
In the wake of Consumer Reports’ recent “Don’t Buy” finding on the Lexus GX SUV, Toyota is now re-examining and retesting all of its SUVs. The company announced that it would conduct tests similar to the one that Consumer Reports did, which found a flaw in the time it took the GX’s stability control system to engage during hard cornering.
As we reported earlier, Toyota’s own tests are slightly different in terms of speed and angle. The company is not recalling or stopping the sale of any of its other SUVs at this point. Also, Consumer Reports and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration have tested the company’s more mainstream offerings in the past, like the RAV4. We list all of the company’s SUVs and NHTSA rollover ratings below.
Toyota Conducting Safety Tests on All SUV Models (USA Today)
- 2010 Toyota RAV4: 4 Stars
- 2010 Toyota 4Runner: 3 Stars
- 2010 Toyota Highlander: 4 Stars
- 2010 Toyota LandCruiser: Not Tested
- 2010 Toyota Sequoia: 4 Stars
- 2010 Toyota Venza: 4 Stars
- 2010 Lexus GX 460: Not Tested
- 2010 Lexus LX 570: Not Tested
- 2010 Lexus RX 350: 4 Stars