2011 Buick Regal Images, Info Released
We had heard Buick would introduce a smaller, sportier sedan named the Regal to sell alongside the new LaCrosse. Today, the company released full images of the car, which looks a lot like LaCrosse in all ways. Luckily, the Regal doesn’t sport the portholes of the LaCrosse, and the rear is certainly distinctive.
The company also didn’t go overboard with the grille, which we’ve seen happen with Lincoln and other automakers lately.
GM says the car will go on sale in the second quarter of 2010 as a four-cylinder with estimated 30 mpg highway. A turbocharged model going on sale later this summer.
More info and images, including an interior shot, are below.
- Standard 2.4L Ecotec direct injected engine rated at an estimated 182 horsepower (136 kW)
- Available 2.0L Ecotec turbocharged and direct injected engine rated at an estimated 220 horsepower (164 kW) – available late-summer 2010
- Both engines have a six-speed automatic transmission standard with driver-shifting control
- Estimated 30 mpg on the highway with the 2.4L and 29 mpg highway with the 2.0L turbo engine
- MacPherson strut front suspension and four-link independent rear suspension
- All-new Interactive Drive Control System (IDCS) available with the 2.0L turbo, offering driver-selectable suspension settings and automatic driver suspension setting adaptability
- Four-wheel disc brakes with four-channel anti-lock braking system, brake assist and electronic parking brake
- Standard StabiliTrak stability control system and full-function traction control
- Standard dual-stage frontal air bags, side-curtain air bags and pedal-release system; rear-seat thorax air bags available
- Available navigation system, Harmon Kardon sound system, internal flash drive (1GB), hard drive with 10GB for music and USB port
- Standard 18-inch wheels (19-inch wheels standard with IDCS)
- Standard 12-way power, leather and heated driver seat; leather and heated passenger front seat; Bluetooth capability; XM Satellite Radio and OnStar.