GM Offering 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
We’ve seen a lot of bizarre sales tactics over the past few years, but the new GM is going somewhere none have tread before. Starting Sunday, the company will offer a 60-day, no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee on all new Buick, Cadillac, Chevy and GMC vehicles.
One television ad that will begin airing Sunday during NFL games will feature new GM Chairman Ed Whitacre, formerly AT&T CEO who was appointed to the GM post by the government. It seems he needed to be convinced about GM products, too, and thinks the offer will resonate with reluctant shoppers.
The program will run through November and does have a number of conditions, as you’d expect. We list a few of them below. More information will be posted on this GM site on Sunday.
- The vehicle must be a new 2009 or 2010 Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet or GMC.
- It must be returned between 31 and 60 days from purchase.
- It must have no more than 4,000 miles.
- The buyer can't be behind in payments.
- If the purchase loan included an additional amount to pay off the loan on a trade-in above what the trade-in was worth, that portion won't be refunded.