MotorWeek Names 2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Best of the Year
The diesel-powered Volkswagen 2009 Jetta TDI is MotorWeek’s Best of the Year 2009 Drivers’ Choice award winner. MotorWeek cited the Jetta TDI’s fuel efficiency and performance as the major factors influencing the decision. The TDI also won Best Eco-Friendly car.
MotorWeek’s Drivers’ Choice Awards evaluated 150 vehicles based on a range of factors — everything from price value to technology perks, and although the Jetta TDI won top honors, a number of other vehicles nabbed awards as well.
The winners will all be featured Friday on PBS’ MotorWeek show. For a full list of winners, check after the jump.
2009 Drivers’ Choice Awards Winners/Individual Categories
1. Best Small Car: Honda Fit
2. Best Family Sedan: Mazda6
3. Best Minivan: Dodge Grand Caravan/Chrysler Town & Country
4. Best Convertible: BMW 1 Series
5. Best Luxury Sedan: Hyundai Genesis
6. Best Sport Sedan: Cadillac CTS
7. Best Sport Coupe: Audi A5/S5
8. Best Performance Car: Nissan GT-R
9. Best Small Utility: Subaru Forester
10. Best Large Utility: Honda Pilot
11. Best Pickup Truck: Dodge Ram 1500
12. Best Eco-Friendly: Volkswagen Jetta TDI
13. Best Dream Machine: Chevrolet Corvette ZR1/Ferrari California