The Year in Cars: July 2007
- July kicks off with a big bang as we get our first official look at the U.S.-bound BMW 1 Series. Five months later, we price out a 128i versus a 328i identically equipped, and the two are just $3,000 apart. Maybe this video will make us feel better.
- Shock! Gas aides don’t work. Gas-powered V-8 BBQ grill does.
- Brad Pitt is going to remake “Bullitt.” We wonder if he’ll drive the new special edition.
- One auto writer begins shopping for a car. He dealt with email negotiations and test drives to finally come out with a surprise winner.
- We send a couple of interns to ask the man and woman on the street – in English and Spanish -- what they think of dates driving certain cars. The results are pretty hilarious.
- Those darn whippersnappers learn that their elderly compatriots are safer on the road than they are.
- The Honda CR-V usurps the Ford Explorer as the most popular SUV in the U.S.
- Ever wonder how deadly your commute is?
- The Mini Clubman is revealed. Despite its added size, Jim Mateja still doesn’t think it can walk on water … or can it?
The Year in Cars: 2007